Committed to protecting your privacy
J Blundell & Sons is committed to protecting your privacy, and at the same time we endeavour to use any data we collect from you to provide the best possible service.
This J Blundell & Sons site is a UK based website and takes reasonable care to comply with requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 with regard to the personal information you supply on this site.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
This explains how and why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may collect information about you:
- as part of your transaction with us and for the purposes of managing that transaction
- from you, and/or from public records and from third parties but only with your consent
- this may include your name, address, date of birth, contact details including phone numbers and email and we will retain your agreement history
- Where you contact us by telephone, we will retain recordings of all conversations, and when visiting our premises any CCTV footage will also be retained.
- When buying VAT exempt gold, we would collect and retain information that will include,
- Your name, date of birth and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Your IP address.
- Details of any purchase or sale orders you place with us, even if not completed, as well as delivery details
- Details you provide when contacting us with enquiries.
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website.
- ID verification details obtained as part of our order processing.
- Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected.
We use your information to:
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post, using only the contact details you have provided
- accurately manage your account
- prevent crime (we may share information with law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law. Where we use authorised subcontractors or service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as storage of goods, we may need to share limited information in order that they can perform their services. In these circumstances we will restrict any information that is shared and ensure that they do not share or use this information for any other purpose.)
- Internal record keeping for regulatory and accounting purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or postal address which you have provided.
- We may ask you for feedback on the services we have provided.
- We may use the information for targeted marketing and re-marketing purposes to provide the user with personalised and relevant content. This may include but is not limited to personalised and triggered emails, such as cart abandonment and purchase confirmation.
We use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest with you and where otherwise required, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. If you do not provide us with your personal information, regretfully, we will not be able to transact with you as this forms part of the information required.
We store your information:
- within the European Economic Area (EEA) only
- if we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
- with third parties, such as IT providers and auditors or similar.
We keep your information:
- for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of seven years unless a different period is required by law.
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
- ask us to stop or limit our use of, or to delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
- receive your information in a format that suits you provided (such as word/excel etc.)
- transfer your information from us to a third party
Data Collection via Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. This measurement service enables us to monitor and improve how this website is used. These cookies collect your data anonymously.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|Cookie Name||-utma -utmb -utmc -utmz|
|Purpose||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|See allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu to learn more about cookies.|